Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

And the Momeraths.....

Meant to post this Sunday but haven't had the chance. Crazy busy. Here's a quick rundown of the latest news.

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of attending the world premiere of The Putt Putt Syndrome. The premiere was held at the Winthrop High School in the Performing Arts Center. Somewhere around 400 people were on hand to watch the film in its large-screen debut. It was an exciting experience and when the film was over the reaction to the film made it clear it was a resounding success. At least in Winthrop. Next week I will be heading to Tribeca Cinemas in New York City for the east coast premiere. Very excited for that. I've never been to New York before. In fact, it'll be the farthest I've ever traveled from home. As of yet the farthest I've ever been is to Battleship Cove in Massachusetts.

I also went to the Mechuwana Youth Rally over the weekend (though I missed 99% of the Saturday night dance while I was at the premiere) and I had a lot of fun seeing old friends. Only one more rally before I graduate. Crazy.

Finally, I've been out straight working on Winter Carnival stuff. Here are some photos of the progress so far. I have until Thursday evening to do everything I can towards the hallway.

Tomorrow look forward to a review of Watchmen, (yes, I know I'm  behind on the times.)

 
One of our awesome card people        Spears for the cards      The white rabbit's house

We have a catapillar.                                 A cat.                               And MOMERATHS


 
....and more cards

4 comments:

  1. Outgrabe!

    You didn't finish a sentence... the farthest you've been is where...? And did you not link the first picture on purpose so we can't tell you GIMPed the head on that card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeesh you're fast. I'm lazy and proofread AFTER I post. Usually nobody notices that fast. All fixed. There's actually been a lot of progress since I took these. More to come in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that's the farthest you've been in your *memory.* The farthest you've actually been is SeaWorld in Ohio. You were a toddler. According to Google Maps, Battleship Cove in Mass is about 200 miles away, while SeaWorld is about 800.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I no longer bring up Ohio because if I never EXPERIENCED the place, why should I say I've been there? It's like saying you've been to Kansas when you've only flown over it on your way to someplace else.

    Why Kansas? Because you aren't in it anymore.

    200 though? That's interesting. I've never checked the distance. That's not very much is it.

    ReplyDelete