Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Heraldry

Hey everybody! Remember this post? Well, I am going to design a heraldric coat-of-arms for the blog over the weekend. If you want to join me in doing so and thus compete for the most awesome design then you should follow these few guidelines.

1. Since it is a coat of arms, it should have a shield as part of it. Whether the shield is the canvas for the design or just an element in the design is up to you.

2.  There should be a banner-like area for the motto. It should be possible to replace this motto if the need arises. I haven't really decided on a motto yet. It may or may not be in Latin. If you want to suggest a motto, leave it in the banner area. If not, leave it blank.

3. It should feature the blog's name (my initials) somewhere. SIR.

4. Be creative, make it awesome. You can use stuff you know about me, or stuff the blog has been about, or anything you think best represents this blog.

5. If you don't want to make one for me because you don't like to be used as slave labor (which is understandable) you can create your own coat of arms with your own initials and such. That'd be cool too.

The winning design will probably go up where I put that blank space in the header. Or it might go in the sidebar. I dunno. The nice thing about running my own blog is I can pretty much do whatever I want.

If you make the best coat of arms, whether it be for yourself or the blog I will reward you with something from my house. Believe me, it'll be something cool. I haven't figured out what yet. But since my dad is selling the house I've been going through my stuff and there are some really neat things that I don't really need to hang on to.

My sister made me a personal coat of arms. I like it, but I'm probably going to change the bottom right panel and also take my face out of the upper left. I don't want my face on the coat of arms, especially that particular face.

3 comments:

  1. I literally loosened a tooth after clasping my hand to my mouth too fast in utter shock. I understand that the house is large, and that you are only two people, but... YOU ARE SELLING THAT MASTERPIECE OF A HOUSE???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is mildly humorous to me. And yes, we're selling the house. My sister and I will be away at college next year so it makes little sense for Dad to hang on to it. You must've missed my multiple facebook status' indicating that we're moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was taking a break from social networking. Where will you reside?

    ReplyDelete