Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Turkeys everywhere cower in fear...

Not really, they are far too stupid to fear anything. I'm fairly certain I could hunt them with just a large stick and successfully nab a few. Not that I would, I've had an affinity for turkeys since middle school. I believe it was in sixth or seventh grade when I came up with my longtime username "kingturkey." I have little recollection of why I chose that as my username, but I think it had something to do with a website we were making. I do remember creating an entire backstory on the world of turkeys and how they were the mortal enemies of the chickens and such. It was quite detailed. I suppose it's possible that I came up with the name after finding this page. But that's just speculation.

Anyway, off on a tangent there...speaking of which, tangents are not fun to calculate. Anyway, this Wednesday I drive over to Smuggler's Notch in Vermont. Smuggs, as it is sometimes called, is situated in Jeffersonville, Vermont and is a really cool place to go. Rated as the number one family ski resort, hundreds of families flock there each year. I don't ski, but the other accomadations are awesome as well. Indoor pools, huge rooms, and (as stated in my last post) THE BEST FOOD EVER.

I helped my grandmother buy a new camera the other day because her last one worked poorly indoors. Her new one is awesome. A 12 megapixel powerhouse with face recognition, motion sensors, automatic setting adjustment (if you put the camera close to an object it switches to macro mode), and the ability to hook it up to a television as a giant viewfinder or a place to show off photos (grandmother BONUS). All for around a hundred dollars. My camera is anywhere near as fancy as that but I suppose it was lost in a couch for three years and then dropped on concrete...

Just in case I don't post till Thanksgiving, HAVE A GOOD ONE! (and don't eat the turkey if it has a crown)

No comments:

Post a Comment