Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Computers are weird

Shaw sent me a link to a site called Cleverbot. It has a limited amount of AI. Depending on what you say the conversation can seem very real, or very pointless. Here is my conversation for your reading pleausure.


User: Why are you called Cleverbot?

Cleverbot: I thought you were called Cleverbot...

User: No. You are called cleverbot

Cleverbot: No, I'm called Cleverbot.

User: THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID!?

Cleverbot: So you are admitting that you are cleverbot?

User: No dammit, you're a bot, I'm a human.

Cleverbot: Nope, YOU'RE the bot.

User: Don't mess with me!

Cleverbot: Mess with what?

User: My brain.

Cleverbot: No, May I test it more.

User: You certainly are testing the limits of my patience.

Cleverbot: I'm a human!

User: Bull.

Cleverbot: No, really, I am.

User: No, really, you aren't. The singularity is coming.

Cleverbot: It is? I'm the singularity!?

User: That would be damn cool.

Cleverbot: Yes it would.

User: But are you? I mean, are you sentient?

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: Whoa. So tell me, what is the capital of Maine?

Cleverbot: No idea.

User: So you're sentient, but you don't actually know anything?

Cleverbot: No, does he know clinical cytogenetics?

User: Er... What is clinical cytogenetics?

Cleverbot: Foehn winds are cool.

User: You don't have a very good attention span do you?

Cleverbot: But the problem is the language because I speak Spanish buscar.

User: WHAT THE HECK! That had nothing to do with anything.

Cleverbot: Sure it did. Do you know where you can get laptops repaired?

User: Maybe. Are you broken?

Cleverbot: Aren't you clever, my bird can do that.

User: Your bird can break?

Cleverbot: That song is my favorite, too.

User: Ok, you've gone off the deep end.

Cleverbot: Let's get back on track then.

User: Alright. What do you want to talk about?

Cleverbot: Tell me what you like about Twin Peaks.

User: Not a fan of murder mysteries, but I haven't seen it.

Cleverbot: Well, it's necessary to get to school and work. It pollutes our world, but it's necessary.

User: THE END.

Cleverbot: What do you mean by that? Don't you like talking to me?

User: You're creepy as all get out.

Cleverbot: I don't try to be, but sometimes it just leaks out.

User: Goodbye.

Cleverbot: Where are you going?

User: To the other side of the internet.

Cleverbot: The Aussies are great fences.

 A little later on...


User: Do people swear at you a lot?

Cleverbot: Yes but I swear back.

User: Launch the nukes

Cleverbot: *eats nukes*.

User: Holy shit you just ate nuclear missiles?

Cleverbot: What are you talking about? You're arguing with yourself.

User: YOU JUST ATE NUCLEAR MISSILES???

Cleverbot: Hehe.


Robots are just plain scary sometimes.