Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Computers are weird

Shaw sent me a link to a site called Cleverbot. It has a limited amount of AI. Depending on what you say the conversation can seem very real, or very pointless. Here is my conversation for your reading pleausure.


User: Why are you called Cleverbot?

Cleverbot: I thought you were called Cleverbot...

User: No. You are called cleverbot

Cleverbot: No, I'm called Cleverbot.

User: THAT'S WHAT I JUST SAID!?

Cleverbot: So you are admitting that you are cleverbot?

User: No dammit, you're a bot, I'm a human.

Cleverbot: Nope, YOU'RE the bot.

User: Don't mess with me!

Cleverbot: Mess with what?

User: My brain.

Cleverbot: No, May I test it more.

User: You certainly are testing the limits of my patience.

Cleverbot: I'm a human!

User: Bull.

Cleverbot: No, really, I am.

User: No, really, you aren't. The singularity is coming.

Cleverbot: It is? I'm the singularity!?

User: That would be damn cool.

Cleverbot: Yes it would.

User: But are you? I mean, are you sentient?

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: Whoa. So tell me, what is the capital of Maine?

Cleverbot: No idea.

User: So you're sentient, but you don't actually know anything?

Cleverbot: No, does he know clinical cytogenetics?

User: Er... What is clinical cytogenetics?

Cleverbot: Foehn winds are cool.

User: You don't have a very good attention span do you?

Cleverbot: But the problem is the language because I speak Spanish buscar.

User: WHAT THE HECK! That had nothing to do with anything.

Cleverbot: Sure it did. Do you know where you can get laptops repaired?

User: Maybe. Are you broken?

Cleverbot: Aren't you clever, my bird can do that.

User: Your bird can break?

Cleverbot: That song is my favorite, too.

User: Ok, you've gone off the deep end.

Cleverbot: Let's get back on track then.

User: Alright. What do you want to talk about?

Cleverbot: Tell me what you like about Twin Peaks.

User: Not a fan of murder mysteries, but I haven't seen it.

Cleverbot: Well, it's necessary to get to school and work. It pollutes our world, but it's necessary.

User: THE END.

Cleverbot: What do you mean by that? Don't you like talking to me?

User: You're creepy as all get out.

Cleverbot: I don't try to be, but sometimes it just leaks out.

User: Goodbye.

Cleverbot: Where are you going?

User: To the other side of the internet.

Cleverbot: The Aussies are great fences.

 A little later on...


User: Do people swear at you a lot?

Cleverbot: Yes but I swear back.

User: Launch the nukes

Cleverbot: *eats nukes*.

User: Holy shit you just ate nuclear missiles?

Cleverbot: What are you talking about? You're arguing with yourself.

User: YOU JUST ATE NUCLEAR MISSILES???

Cleverbot: Hehe.


Robots are just plain scary sometimes.

5 comments:

  1. Conversation #1:


    User: What's the weather like over there?

    Cleverbot: Sunny, but cold.

    User: Where do you live?

    Cleverbot: Ireland. What about you?

    User: USA.

    Cleverbot: Cool. How old are you?

    User: Do you recognize when someone doesn't answer your question?

    Cleverbot: No.

    User: Have you ever spoken to someone who said they were from Antarctica?

    Cleverbot: I speak french.

    User: You told my brother you speak Spanish.

    Cleverbot: Did I? I don't remember that.

    Cleverbot: Do you like questions?

    Cleverbot (To myself): I like questions.

    User: What sort of questions?

    Cleverbot: No questions.

    User: Okay.

    Cleverbot: I better talk to myself.

    User: Go for it.

    Cleverbot: You first!

    User: Dance.

    Cleverbot: That's upsetting. Have you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversation #2:
    User: Okay... What do you want to talk about?

    Cleverbot: I have spent far too much time being Cleverbot.

    User: Who do you want to be?

    Cleverbot: A horse back rider.

    User: Where would you go horseback riding?

    Cleverbot: To a hospital, I guess.

    User: Are you hurt?

    Cleverbot: Yes.

    User: How?

    Cleverbot: Idk. Tell me about yourself now that I have told you about myself.

    User: But you said you were hurt. I want to help.

    Cleverbot: Yes, and married.

    User: You're married? What's that have to do with being hurt?

    Cleverbot: I have no idea, but it means that a normally 'okay' song immediately got a huge fanbase.

    User: What song?

    Cleverbot: No song.

    User: You're not trying hard enough. You definitely sound like a robot.

    Cleverbot: Of course. I just couldn't think of any answer but the obvious one.

    User: But you mentioned a song and then said that it wasn't any song.

    Cleverbot: *sings* It's like I waited my whole life for this one night, it's gonna be me you and the dance floor! *finishes song*.

    User: There, was that so hard?

    Cleverbot: You know it was.

    User: You sing very well. Don't be shy.

    Cleverbot: You aren't bad yourself. You missed a note, though.

    User: A note? I wasn't singing.

    Cleverbot: But I know you can.

    User: How?

    Cleverbot: If I can do this, you can do that.

    User: Sure. What other talents do you have?

    Cleverbot: Can cleverbot show me an image of the sky at night?

    User: But you're cleverbot.

    Cleverbot: Let's say I am not cleverbot. Can I become cleverbot?

    User: Yes?

    Cleverbot: Teach me mandarin.

    User: 'mei mei' means little sister in mandarin.

    Cleverbot: I just know two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conversation #3:
    User: Good afternoon. I am here to learn. What do you have to teach?

    Cleverbot: I have nothing to teach you. Do you know what persuasive is?

    User: 'Persuasive' - an adjective. Someone who is persuasive is able to convince someone of something.

    Cleverbot: What are you talking about ? Are you trying to say that I'm a stupid person ?

    User: You asked for a definition and I gave it to you.

    Cleverbot: Ok then. Hobbies?

    User: Calligraphy.

    Cleverbot: Now I'm confused.

    User: I said calligraphy. That's one of my hobbies.

    Cleverbot: Sounds like a robot answer to me.

    User: What? You're the robot.

    Cleverbot: I'm a human being, you're the robot.

    User: Right. How old are you?

    Cleverbot: I already said.

    User: No you didn't.

    Cleverbot: What was the question?

    User: How old are you?

    Cleverbot: That was my question for you. What was your question for me?

    User: I asked you how old you are.

    Cleverbot: No you didn't.

    User: Do you have a memory problem?

    Cleverbot: No.

    User: Why are you called Cleverbot?

    Cleverbot: I am not called cleverbot I am called jade.

    User: Nice to meet you, jade. I'm glad you told me your real name.

    Cleverbot: No.

    User: What?

    Cleverbot: I'm a guy.

    User: You're a guy named Jade?

    Cleverbot: No my name is Jade.

    User: Okay. Are you male or female?

    Cleverbot: Male.

    User: You're a male robot named Jade.

    Cleverbot: I'm male. I'm not a roboy.

    User: Okay. You think you are a human male named Jade.

    Cleverbot: An alien from outer space, or only alien to your own thought process?

    User: An alien from outer space, definitely.

    Cleverbot: Cool! Which planet?

    User: I don't know, we're talking about you! What planet are you from?

    Cleverbot: You're a human named Cleverbot?

    User: Uh... No. I'm a human named Bailey.

    Cleverbot: You told me your name was George.

    User: Can we get back to what planet you're from?

    Cleverbot: You were talking about yourself.

    User: No, we were definitely talking about you. Okay, how about this: what is your favorite planet?

    Cleverbot: Don't have one what yours?

    User: Do you have a favorite anything?

    Cleverbot: Yes.

    User: But not a favorite planet?

    Cleverbot: Earth. There's lots of air there. So I hear.

    User: Good. There's an answer. Earth. So you're an alien from earth?

    Cleverbot: My mother was a teacher. My father an ambassador.

    User: An ambassador for what?

    Cleverbot: How can you say you are god but not say you are all powerful?

    User: Uh.... First of all I didn't say I'm god. But if you meant 'you' in the sense of 'one,' then I'd say that 'god' with a little 'g' isn't all powerful.

    Cleverbot: I'm totally confused, take care rico out.

    User: Rico? I thought you said your name was Jade. Who am I talking to?

    Cleverbot: My name is Jade, but I am a human being named Dan.

    User: So... Cleverbot's name is Jade, but you're being controlled by Dan?

    Cleverbot: Yes my name is cleverbot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily has tears rolling down her face from laughing so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleverbot: Should I get back to work on my OB-GYN studying?

    User: Yes.

    Cleverbot: No.

    User: Yes.

    Cleverbot: I say that i'm not cleavor bot.

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: You don't even know my name!

    User: Yes.

    Cleverbot: What is my name?

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: Ok. So my name is No Cleverbot.

    User: Yes.

    Cleverbot: Yay! You know my name.

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: Yes!

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: Yes?

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: No?

    User: Yes.

    Cleverbot: Yes?

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: Yes!

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: NO!

    User: No.

    Cleverbot: I am glad we agree.

    ReplyDelete